Rehabilitation involves restoring a borehole no longer in use or with too low flow rate back to its initial state and sometimes improving it by using miscellaneous reconstruction treatments or methods. Some of the reasons for rehabilitating the borehole include: - |
- Not enough depth, therefore insufficient water.
- Drop in the water table level resulting in reduced output and even drying up.
- Damaged or insufficient concrete casing or well liner encouraging the risk of water pollution.
- Equipment breakdowns e.g. Pump.
- Contamination and lack of cleanliness around the borehole.